High School Resources
(Grades 9 through 12)
FES Headquarters Resources
National Engineers Week
PBS Design Squad
- www.acementor.org/ - Currently members of FES and Architects, Construction, and Engineers related representatives (within the NE FL District) are participating in this high school mentoring program. Over the course of several months, students are led through a mock design project and provided with information about potential career paths.
Free Lesson Plans
- www.lessonplanz.com - They are lesson plans pages, with the right search criteria you can find some good science/math/physics demonstrations.
SWE Internet Activities Center
- www.swe.org/iac - It has hands on projects that students can do, and provides lesson plans, how to instructions, material lists, background information and links. It covers all age ranges (with projects listing what National Science Standards the project covers and for what grades). The age range is stated in the lesson plan. This is a one stop shopping for fun hands on activities.
SECME – www.secme.org
Expanding Your Horizons Network
National Geographic Blue Frontier: Oceans for Life
- Exploration and discovery, scientific research, cutting edge underwater technologies, and public awareness of the marine environment.
- High-quality marine science teaching materials (linked to national standards), a multifaceted approach to teacher professional development, educational opportunities for students and more.
Engineer Your Life