Welcome to the American Council of Engineering Companies of Florida (ACEC-FL)
February 2020 - Message From the President
William E. Wilson, Jr., PE
2019-20 ACEC-FL President
We had a very successful PE Legislative Days earlier this month with over 150 attendees – the most we have had in 10 years. Congratulations to Past President Rick Baldocchi, PE, who was awarded the ACEC-FL 2019 Governor A.W. Gilchrist Award at the event. Browse the photos from PE Legislative Days on our Facebook page, where you can view my presentation of the award’s eagle symbol to Mr. Baldocchi.
Updates on HB 707/SB 1124 Sunsets Professional Engineering License:
- *** February 10, 2020 Update *** HB 707 has been removed from the Appropriations committee. The bill will now move to the House Floor.
- *** February 7, 2020 Update *** HB 707 passed in the second committee Health & Human Services Committee with a vote counts of 12 Yeas, 4 Nays on February 6, 2020.
- The Florida Engineering Society and the American Council of Engineering Companies of Florida feel strongly about the importance of engineering licensure and the accountability of the engineering profession, will oppose the inclusion of Chapter 471 F.S. and engineering licensure in this bill, and will work diligently to remove those provisions from the bill.
Lots of news about upcoming ACEC-FL education and networking events:
- 2020 Winter Water Seminar takes place tomorrow in Orlando, FL at the Wyndham Orlando Resort. You can still register on-site and earn up to 8 PDHs while learning up-to-date water education, news, and legislation.
- FECON’s Project S.A.F.E. (Safety Awareness For Engineers) kicks off in Jacksonville on March 10th. Earn 4 PDHs and learn how to increase your personal and your firm’s safety initiatives --- Register online today!
- Lastly, GMEC Conference attendee registration is now open. The conference is headed back to Daytona, FL and will be held April 15-17, 2020. Don’t miss your chance to attend this premier Geotechnical event held in Florida.
As always, I encourage you to consider attending the ACEC Annual Convention in Washington, DC. This April 26-29, 2020 event in DC is an outstanding opportunity to learn more about the business of consulting engineering.
I recently registered for the ACEC-FL Transportation Conference in Orlando, May 6-7, 2020. Lots of opportunities to network with your peers and clients this year – register today.
To view all of President Wilson's message continue reading here.