The Florida Engineering Society promotes and defends the professional interests of all engineers in the state of Florida. To do so, we maintain a strong and effective voice with the legislature. If you are interested in learning more about how to become involved, please contact Samantha Hobbs, Director of Government Affairs and Executive Policy.
Local Chapter Legislative Forums
Chapters can now start planning your local legislative forums.
Please see the committee week schedule below.
Note that these are the weeks your Legislators will be in Tallahassee, so please do not schedule your local events during these dates.
Once you have secured your Legislative Event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can keep track as to what chapters held a local event.
Guidelines for a Local Legislative Event
House Contacts (with address and email) - updated 1/14/2019
Senate Contacts (with address and email) - updated 1/14/2019
In preparation for the 2020 Legislative Session, please be advised of the schedule for fall interim committee meetings:
- Monday, September 16 – Friday, September 20, 2019
- Monday, October 14 – Friday, October 18, 2019
- Monday, October 21 – Friday, October 25, 2019
- Monday, November 4 – Friday, November 8, 2019
- Tuesday, November 12 – Friday, November 15, 2019
- Monday, December 9 – Friday, December 13, 2019
The 2020 Legislative Session will convene on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.