We need your help with continuing to show support for the M-CORES program! We need as many people as possible to attend the first task force meeting and/or to submit public comments. Please find the details on how you can participate below.
The first task force meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 27, 2019, at the Tampa Convention Center.
We ask that you get involved in the following ways:
(1) Attend the meeting in Tampa on August 27, 2019, and provide public input.
(2) Submit public comment any time by:
*Please note that under Florida law, email addresses are public record. If you do not wish to have your email addressed released, you will want to submit your comment via phone.
Below, please find some suggested guidelines for comments based on your region and topic of interest:
(1) Pick a study area to focus on:
- Suncoast Connector (Citrus County to Jefferson County)
- Northern Turnpike Connector (Northern terminus of Florida’s Turnpike Northwest to the Suncoast Parkway)
- Southwest-Central Florida Connector (Collier County to Polk County)
- Overall M-CORES Program
(2) Pick a topic of interest:
a. Increased connectivity
- Electric vehicles
- Freight and passenger rail
- Public transit
- Improved water, power and sewer services
- Mixed-use trails
b. Infrastructure enhancements
- Multiple types of infrastructure
- Broadband connectivity
- Energy distribution
c. Congestion mitigation
- More options for hurricane evacuation
- Improve traffic flow on area roadways
- Improvements to movement of freight through the region
d. Economic impact, trade and logistics
- Enhance job training and availability
- Encourage job creation
- Provide regional connectivity
e. Environmental protection and restoration
- Protection of and enhancement of environmentally sensitive areas, springs and farmlands
- Environmental mitigation or ecosystem, wildlife habitat, agricultural land uses
- Water quality protection and restoration
- Water quality and quantity of springs, rivers and aquifer recharge areas
(3) Formulate your public comment based on how the M-CORES program impacts you and other Floridians directly. For example:
a. In-person at the Tampa meeting:
Draft Talking Points Outline for ACEC-FL/FES:
- Good Morning/Afternoon, Mr./Mrs. Chairman and task force members.
- I am Insert Name and I am the Insert Title of Insert Company.
- I am here today on behalf of ACEC-FL/FES in support of the overall M-CORES program.
- We believe this program/Insert specific study area connector will benefit Insert region and all Floridians by Insert Topic of Interest and [discuss how it relates to your company and area and how that will be of benefit to Floridians].
- We appreciate your participation on this task force and look forward to being a resource to you pertaining to Insert Topic of Interest (if applicable) and working with you as you study the Insert specific study area connector.
- Thank you for your time.
b. Public comment via website/email/phone:
Draft Comment Guideline for ACEC-FL/FES:
- On behalf of the ACEC-FL/FES, I am writing/calling in support of the M-CORES program as it relates to the Insert Study Area Connector. We believe this program/Insert specific study area connector will benefit Insert region and all Floridians by Insert Topic of Interest and [discuss how it relates to your company and area and how that will be of benefit to Floridians]. As you continue the study process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us as a resource (if applicable). Thank you for your time on this very important transportation infrastructure matter.
Lastly, please find the details about upcoming events and how to stay informed below.
- For a calendar of upcoming events, please visit: http://floridamcores.com/calendar-of-events/
- You can sign up for updates regarding the three task forces by:
- Visiting: http://floridamcores.com/#sign-up.
- Checking the boxes for the areas you are interested in.
- Entering your email address and hitting submit.
We appreciate your continued support and look forward to having a good showing at the task force meeting in Tampa!