FES Headquarters Resources
PBS Building Big
PBS Design Squad
- www.discoverengineering.org - Links to numerous web resources for students, teachers and engineers. The site is also the portal for three new videos targeted to middle school age students; the videos were produced by the National Engineers Week Foundation, designed to showcase the "cool" aspects of engineering and feature middle school students.
National Engineers Week
Free Lesson Plans
- www.lessonplanz.com - They are lesson plans pages, with the right search criteria you can find some good science/math/physics demonstrations.
SWE Internet Activities Center
- www.swe.org/iac - It has hands on projects that students can do, and provides lesson plans, how to instructions, material lists, background information and links. It covers all age ranges (with projects listing what National Science Standards the project covers and for what grades). The age range is stated in the lesson plan. This is a one stop shopping for fun hands on activities.
Expanding Your Horizons Network
Internet Learning Network
- Middle school students can see how their math and science skills measure up against other students worldwide.
- Tutorials, practice opportunities and reasons why math and science matter in the world today.
- Students and teachers can experience math in ways that mathematicians and scientists do.
- Fun activities and real world applications (tied to the NCTM standards). Students see what mathematicians actually do.
National Geographic Blue Frontier: Oceans for Life
- Exploration and discovery, scientific research, cutting edge underwater technologies, and public awareness of the marine environment.
- High-quality marine science teaching materials (linked to national standards), a multifaceted approach to teacher professional development, educational opportunities for students and more.
- Raytheon's MathMovesU is an innovative program designed to engage middle school students with math at an age when their interest in the subject typically declines. Middle school students can enter a "virtual world" of math and engage with games, polls, flash cards, word problems, and factoids all centered on their passions: music, sports, and fashion. Site features a glossary of math terms and a large number of hands-on worksheets for students looking for additional help and support.