Who Needs to Attend?
Public and Private sector Professional Engineers, Geologists, Scientists and Consultants whose practice areas involve water resources. This advanced seminar is designed primarily for technical staff, within and outside of government.
Benefits to government staff
- Technical series of courses benefits cross-training initiative within FDEP, WMD and other agencies
- Promotes statewide consistency in interpretation and implementation of agency rules
- Provides access to statewide subject matter experts at a single location and low cost
- Application quality improves when private sector consultants are trained in the same material
Benefits to private sector technical staff
- Provides continuing education credits to meet licensing renewal requirements
- Meets demand for latest information from regulatory agencies
- Networking opportunity to interface with those who process their applications and conduct inspections at their facilities
- Consultants and regulators training simultaneously will result in faster permit decisions and better inspection outcomes
“The FES conferences bring together the best in the business, from industry, the municipalities, and the regulatory agencies. There is an incredible exchange of cutting-edge information and knowledge, along with great opportunities to network with others in the engineering community.” -- CDM Smith
“It’s more than just exposure for our company, we are really pleased that our sponsorship helps FES and FAPG accomplish their mission in Tallahassee in support of our professions.” -- TetraTech
"This seminar goes well beyond "here's how you get a permit." It presents real data and real issues. If you want to understand where Florida water management came from, how it is really working, the challenges ahead, and some of the concepts for the future - don't miss this one. This is time well spent whether you are an FES member or not." Anonymous
"Best day and one half update you can get. This format lets the participants touch base with the key areas of water resources with minimal fuss. I would certainly encourage my fellow PE's to make this a regular event on their calendar. It is timely, convenient and well worth the effort." Alvin Bishop, PE
"I found the water summit to be informative and provided for interactions with others through the state. The speakers were very informative. The pace was excellent. The price was just right. I plan on attending next year." John C. Snowe, PE
"Really enjoyed the "smaller" atmosphere! Great cross section of subjects, presenters and attendees. A lot of information in a short period of time." Robert Kermitz, Vice President England, Thims & Miller
"This is a well-rounded seminar that helps put together the big picture of water in the State. Combining Engineers and Geologists enhances one's understanding of our interactions both in our practices and in the real-world execution of projects. The explanation of legislation, both pending and enacted, is an interesting and welcome addition to the technical presentations...and good food, excellent company, and PDHs to boot!" Mark D. Repasky, PE Wastewater Technologies, Inc.
Please contact FES at 850-224-7121 or email email@example.com.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 SPONSORS!